Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Pixilation Final Piece



Final version of my pixilation - "Illusion"

I got my inspiration from a stop motion video called "Copenhagen Sleepwalker" - http://hk.video.yahoo.com/video/video.html?id=83879
I think this video is amazing and the story is very interesting.

So I took this idea of "dreaming" and made my version of it.
The story is, in my dream, I became my friend and went Aldi's at night. Then I woke up in my dream and went to the kitchen but got hit by the saucepan lid. So I was scared and awaken by it and realised I have actually got my ring on where I wore it in my dream.

What was good:
  • I really like the music. I think it works quite well with the video, makes the audience wonder what would happen next.
  • the plot itself was quite good because what happened was not expected
  • many people like the shoes walking scene, but I like the bench scene more. I think it worked really well. I was very pleased with the outcome effect of this scene
What was not good:
  • The lighting. I have brighten up the photos using photoshop but the lighting outside wasn't good when it was dark. So I have to use the flash on a few shots, which I think seemed a little bit disconnected with other shots. I should have taken the photos at day time.
  • I shouldn't included myself as a model too. Only the first part of the shots were taken by me, the rest was taken by my friend. I should have taken all the photos as I would know what angle and what effect I wanted, it would be all control by me.
  • As I have said, because the photos were taken by my friend, we both didn't realised she took her finger in the photo too. It was a mistake to let her do the photographing.
If I'd do it again:
  • will not include myself as a model.
  • edit the photos more. probably more blurry or in a cartoon style
  • try to play with other things more

No comments:

Post a Comment