Pages

Thursday 10 December 2009

Interactive Narrative Final Piece

This is my Final completed edited Flash.


The Treasure Land by ~salomeliu on deviantART


When we were in the first seminar, we were asked to come up with some stories for our flash.
I had three ideas at the time and all of them were targeted to children, because I think an Interactive Flash like this could be fun for children to play with.
Then I chose this story of treasure finding after listening to other people's ideas in class as I think this one could be more interesting because the player has to go around to find the treasure.
Once I have decided which story I would used, I did a flowchart to plan out my story.

And then I did something like a storyboard to remind myself of each step.
I actually drew out what each images would be like too.I decided to draw out my own images because I don't think I can find the images I want on the Internet.

I tend to keep my images simple as my target audience are children.
Once I have all my images, I edited them in Photoshop to add a “cartoon-like” feel, so it looks more interesting for children.


This is my first time using Flash, although I was confused at the beginning, it became much easier once I have understood how Flash works and I actually enjoyed it.

What was good:

  • I think the plot was quite good. The player has to find the right path, so will be curious of what will happen next.
  • It is simple and easy to play. I think children would like to play it.


What was not so good:

  • If I have more time, I would make the images prettier. Maybe add more colours and make them more interesting for children.
  • It is too simple that I think more instruction is probably needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment