Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

2010 Term 2 - 12/01 Context 1 Lecture

We had to discuss and argue with other people (Theater Design and Design for Film and TV people) the Key to the development of discipline (multimedia) using -
  • Technologies,
  • Individuals,
  • Movements,
  • Techniques
We had a lot of opinions -
  • 3D
  • Sound
  • Internet
  • Lighting
  • Color TV
  • Class of Stages
  • Method acting
  • Shakespeare
  • David Bowie
  • Andy Warhol
  • Peter Jackson
  • Kate Bush
  • Lindsay Kemp
So basically what I've learn from this lecture is,
That it's interesting that the thoughts and opinions from different courses are quite different but yet we are all linked- same technology using in different ways by different courses (e.g- Lighting is more needed in film industry than theater)
We had a quite long discussion on Shakespeare, Why is he so successful and how some people think that he's just a copier, and first time to know that we had to study Shakespeare because it's the English law.
And most importantly, I've heard a lot of names that I didn't know before. I realised I really have very limited knowledge about the multimedia/film industry. I need to read more books and look out for news about multimedia to widen my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment