Pages

Sunday 17 January 2010

12/01 Context 1 Seminar - Active Learning

Active Learning is, when students are given the opportunity to take a more interactive relationship with the subject matter of the course, encouraging them to generate rather than simply to receive knowledge.

The aim this term is to decide which pathway to choose to study for the next two years. I haven't really decided which one to choose yet. But I don't think I would choose moving images as I didn't enjoy the shooting part last term, although I love watching dramas and TV programs.

And this week our task is to write about our practitioner development activity. So basically the independent study activity we do outside uni/school. So my brain was blank when I heard this, but then when Jools said reading, watching, talking, listening and making all fits as practitioner development, I realised I do lots of things which does help me as a practitioner
  • I love to watch TV programs and dramas especially Japanese ones. I discuss with my friends and other people on forums about the story, structure, scripts, characters, editing, background music etc. after watching them.
  • I also help in forums making banners, icons, wallpapers, GIF pictures (i just realised it's pixilation) using PS and I really enjoy this job.
  • I listen to a lot of different types of music. I have collected some original sound music from movies and dramas and I started to keep the instrumental version of Japanese songs from last term as those Japanese CD usually include an instrumental version of the plugged song. And which these songs are useful for our multimedia course
As I said in the last post, I really need to widen my knowledge in the multimedia/film industry. I need to read more books and keep up with the news on this side. I think it would be helpful for me to write about the dramas I'm on-going watching, and keep looking at interesting websites and videos.

1 comment:

  1. any books in particular you think you should read? check out dora szabo's journal (1st year mm) where she talks about a book she finds useful.

    ReplyDelete