Pages

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Shigeo Fukuda

When I looked at the Design Is History website, Shigeo Fukuda immediately caught my attention - a graphic designer which I had came across briefly before.

 
1979 Fukuda Illustration Exhibition Keio Gallery, Tokyo

Shigeo Fukuda is a Japanese graphic designer, famous for poster designing. His work is simple but yet effective. He then created illusion illustrations which I found really interesting too. His works are rational reflective rather than commercial, like his most famous work Victory 1945, an ironic illustration of the war.

 
1975 Victory Poland Poster Museum

He is good at communication therefore had created impacted works using simple illustrations. A lot of his works look simple and easy to understand but yet have complex meanings in them. His works shown concerns about social, cultural and environmental issues if the time. I like his works as they are inspiring and his style of design is so unique and thought provoking.

“I believe that in design, 30 percent dignity, 20 percent beauty and 50 percent absurdity are necessary"

"In terms of my graphic design, I feel visual communication is the most important element.

by Shigeo Fukuda 

No comments:

Post a Comment